[TxMt] Rev961 scope change

Oliver Taylor oliver at ollieman.net
Wed Apr 12 19:17:45 UTC 2006

It's funny how just a one line comment about a new version of the app
can break almost every scope you've got....

> [CHANGED] The scope of the caret is now that of the
> character to the right of the caret, rather than that on
> the left side.

Just a heads up to all you bundle developers, check your scopes to
make sure this doesn't effect you. Particularly if you have macros or
snippets that only take effect at the end of a line.

^[a-z\s\.]{,15}$    ...will no longer work. Removing the "$" will fix
it (in this case).

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but it strikes me that it
could adversely effect many people. Why has this change been enacted
(yes, I realize it's "nightly-build" only at this point. Is this a
good thing? Does this force our scope selectors to be more precise?

Am I wrong?