[TxMt] Command input issue

David W.Body davidbody at bigcreek.com
Wed Apr 12 00:59:25 UTC 2006

Using TextMate 1.5.1 (948), I've observed some behavior that I wasn't
expecting.  Specifically, when I set the command's input to Entire
Document, my command seems to get less than the entire document on
its stdin.

I'm curious whether anyone else is seeing the same thing.  Here's an
easy way to test.

Create a new command (MyCommand) with the following settings:

Save: Nothing
Command(s): cat
Input: Entire Document
Output: Create New Document.

Unless I'm missing something, this command should simply copy the
command's input, the entire document, to a new document, using the
shell "cat" command.  However, the command's input seems to begin at
the character immediately following the first ) character in the
document.  If there is no ) in the document, nothing is copied.

I don't know if there is something specific to my environment that
may be causing it, or if it's a bug, but this behavior wreaks havoc
with the built-in Ruby "Run Script" command (which uses cat), causing
it to overwrite saved Ruby source files with less than their full
content.

--David W. Body / Big Creek Software, LLC