[TxMt] Language Grammar for LaTeX log files

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Apr 11 15:38:53 UTC 2006

On 10/4/2006, at 21:06, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> [ regexp search to sniff file types ]
> Although there might still be collisions (and maybe performance
> issues when loading large files), it seems to me that this would go
> a long way toward solving the problem mentioned above.

There will certainly be performance problems -- and I am not sure it
will solve more than the current system.

I added the two cases I am aware of to a wiki page [1] where people
are encouraged to add the actual problems they face with the current
system.

I certainly haven’t crossed the “improve file type sniffing” from my
to-do, it’s just that I do not see the current system as weak. It’s
just not perfect. But to make it perfect, I think it is unavoidable
to introduce some sort of logic into the system.

[1] http://macromates.com/wiki/ToDo/FileTypeSniffing