[TxMt] C comments && doxygen

Enrico Franchi riko at anubics.org
Sun Apr 9 16:20:52 UTC 2006

On 09/apr/06, at 16:22, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> As discussed not so long ago, a problem is that when the caret is
> exactly after ‘*/’ the scope is still block.comment, since the
> scope of the caret is that of the character to the left of it [1].
> We could catch this case, and not insert anything, when in that
> situation, this would make the snippet:
>
>    ${TM_CURRENT_LINE/(.*\*\/$)|.*?(\/\*(?!.*\*\/)).*|.*/(?1::(?2: )
> * )/}

Thank you very much. It was really helpful. It was quite time
consuming having to "manually" deal with that issues.
My I ask why that is not enabled by default?

> There is a Doxygen bundle at the svn repository.

I saw it. However it does not do no syntax highlight.

> Yes. Currently it would require a (simple) modification to the C
> language grammar.
> I don’t know which keywords Doxygen use, but we could probably ship
> with markup of these by default.

I suppose it is something I could do by myself. I didn't really think
the * thing was going to be that simple (a part from the regex
hacking i could not possibly think to a simpler way).

> Long-term there will be a system for keeping such extensions
> isolated in their own bundle, and only have them used, when that
> bundle is enabled.

Very good!

In the meantime I'd like to learn how to customize TM. I suppose I
have to:
1) read the manual sections (that is to say sections from 6 to 16 of
the manual; I suppose regexes are similar enough to standard pcre I
can have a look at them only if something does not behave as expected).

2) read through the wiki... but I did not see "a single place".

3) ?

Maybe there are some user tutorials or similar things. Or would they
be in the wiki?

-enrico