[TxMt] Java documentation

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Sat Apr 8 06:30:32 UTC 2006

 From one of today's TextMate Blog entries:
"By default, pressing ⌃H on a tag name will show the W3C
documentation for that tag, this also works for CSS selectors, PHP/
Ruby functions, Cocoa stuff, and outside of HTML, things for which
there is a manual page, etc.)"

Until today, I somehow never realized TextMate had this feature, and
I was happy to see it works for Java, too. At least, it's supposed
to. I can't get it to work. It seems that the command requires an
index.html file in the Java API docs directory, but on my Tiger
installation of Tiger (that is, Mac OS X 10.4 and Java 1.5/5.0),
there doesn't seem to be any index.html in that directory. There's an
index-files subdirectory, but no root index.html file. Is there
something wrong with my installation of Java?

Trevor