[TxMt] Theme creation tools, wishlist

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 7 17:11:28 UTC 2006

On 7/4/2006, at 10:10, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

>>> [...] “if your theme does NOT know about meta.scope.obscure then
>>> please have it handled like meta.scope.common, as these are
>>> related or at least the style markup would indicate a similar
>>> importance.”
>> This is why the scopes are hierarchical.
> Yes, if only the meanings would be as well. I was thinking about
> something like “this needs to be marked up like it was VERY
> important, i.e. INVALID even though it is not invalid”

We do have invalid.deprecated and invalid.illegal, where the former
isn’t really invalid (but will look that way, unless the theme has a
deprecated style).

As for “this is very important”, where does that fit into programming
languages and/or markup languages? I mean, isn’t it very subjective
what is the more important thing?

There are some naming conventions which show the intent of the
current names in use:

    http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
language_grammars#naming_conventions

You are of course welcome to suggest changes.