[TxMt] Theme creation tools, wishlist

Daniel Käsmayr daniel at kaesmayr.net
Fri Apr 7 08:10:13 UTC 2006

> I got a little carried away. Attached below is a Theme Builder
> bundle, it has one command which generates and switches to a random
> theme which will target all scopes of the current language
> (including languages which may be embedded in that).

It does not do anything on my machine?

>> [...] “if your theme does NOT know about meta.scope.obscure then
>> please have it handled like meta.scope.common, as these are
>> related or at least the style markup would indicate a similar
>> importance.”
>
> This is why the scopes are hierarchical.

Yes, if only the meanings would be as well. I was thinking about
something like “this needs to be marked up like it was VERY
important, i.e. INVALID even though it is not invalid”

> Ideally a theme should only need to style the following scopes:
> comment, constant, entity, keyword, storage, string, support, and
> variable.

Yes, I see your point. But then I am looking for some more specific
stuff ;) Why not use the functionality if we have it? ;)

Dan