[TxMt] Keyboard shortcuts / Services

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Apr 6 15:50:50 UTC 2006

On 6/4/2006, at 17:39, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> thanks for the quick reply. The additional keyboard shortcuts are
> very helpful. How do you type the alt-Symbol, btw?

The stuff was pasted from the manual. I have a HTML Glyphs bundle [1]
which have snippets containing the entity of each of the various
Apple function keys and modifiers, with a tab trigger bearing the
name of the symbol.

So for the manual, these were written as the entity version. It would
however be possible, after inserting the entities in TM to press cmd-
& and select “Decode Entities in Line”, that would convert them to
the actual characters (useful for pasting, but beware of the screwed
up spacing).

> I know that switching to a different keyboard layout would work --
> but as long as I don't have a keyboard with OLED/digital ink
> displays on each key I am not certain I would handle it as well ;)

Seems you just need to learn blind-typing :)

> As for services: I use [Service Scrubber](http://http://
> www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20192) to trim my services and change
> shortcuts. Apple's interface would work as well -- but somehow
> seems less appropriate for this case.

Yes, Apple’s interface is cumbersome. But it does allow a per-app
setting, which the other can’t do.