[TxMt] MultiMarkdown in TextMate

Mark Eli Kalderon m.kalderon at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 15:00:37 UTC 2006

On 6 Apr 2006, at 14:19, Soryu wrote:

> update:
>
> Allan spotted two things
>
> * The scope of the language is now
> `text.html.markdown.multimarkdown` which implies that we are
> branching the markdown grammar.
> * Added fallback to `/tmp` for the “Generate Output and open in
> Browser” Command.
>
> Furthermore I included the “Convert Document/Selection to RTF”
> command with a shortcut of Control-Shift-R and reordered the
> command a little.
>
> Soryu.

Thanks Soryu.

An observation. This does not include the latest version of
MultiMarkdown.pl. If people update the script, xsltproc will need to
be run with the -novalid and -nonet switches.

The Convert Document to LaTeX command uses xthml2article. Fletcher
Penney also provides xhtml2memoir. Would it make sense to branch the
command to Convert Document to LaTeX Article and Convert document to
LaTeX Memoir?

> * Omitting “Format: complete” seems to break the commands like
> “Convert Document/Selection to LaTeX”, maybe we should catch that

This seems like more of a feature than a bug. "Format: Complete"
functions as a switch---without it xhtml snippets are generated as
opposed to whole documents, just like the original Markdown. That's
the reason Convert Document to LaTeX chokes---since it gets an xhtml
snippet as opposed to an xhtml document and xsltproc won't run
properly. The reason it seems more like a feature is that sometimes
you want to generate a snippet, sometimes a document, MultiMarkdown
allows you to do both...

All the best, Mark