[TxMt] howto disabe automatic file backup

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Tue Apr 4 20:43:08 UTC 2006

On Apr 4, 2006, at 12:33 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 4/4/2006, at 7:52, Trevor Harmon wrote:
>
>> You're right; it reports "afpfs". But this problem could just be a
>> bug in Netatalk, and "real" AFP volumes work fine. So a per-
>> project setting might still be desirable.
>
> Have you considered reporting the bug with the maintainers of
> Netatalk?

D'oh! I should learn to use Google before assuming something is a
bug. Turns out that this hex encoding is a "feature" turned on by
default to prevent illegal character conflicts between file systems.
And there's a "usedots" option that turns off the conversion only for
filenames with a leading period, which is what most people want. (Why
this is not the default, I don't know.) See:

http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/2.0/htmldocs/AppleVolumes.default.5.html

So, problem solved!

Trevor