[TxMt] Selecting text until next found occurrence

Shiran Pasternak shiranpasternak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:45:47 UTC 2006

How could I go use keystrokes to select text from the cursor to the
next (or previous) occurrence of a searched term? This would be
really helpful for automating tasks, for example, in quickly hacking
out macros that can operate on variable-length text fields (where a
"select until next tab" would be useful -- using ^W doesn't help with
URLs). I'm aware that I can get around this using find-and-replace of
an entire block of text via regular expressions, but was wondering if
there's something more procedural.

Thanks,
Shiran