[TxMt] Managing change in default bundles

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Apr 4 13:12:36 UTC 2006

On 4/4/2006, at 14:02, Soryu wrote:

> # Changing complexer things
>
> I'm listening on the TextMate dev Mailing List for bundle changes
> (and I'm in the IRC channel most of the time) so I know, what's
> going on.

There is also an RSS feed which contains the changes:

    feed://macromates.com/svnlog/bundles.rss

Even users who do not use the svn checkout, may want to subscribe, as
this is the only change log published for bundles.

But as Soryu says: if you change a snippet, you generally don’t care
about the original version. For commands it’s slightly different, but
we try to allow “stylistic changes” via environment variables. And
(again to repeat Soryu) if someone improves a command in a useful
way, we would love to hear about it, as we may then want to roll in
the changes in the default version.

> # Bundle Editor
>
> There were some proposals for how to improve the Bundle Editor and
> include a versioning and merging of Default bundles, local changes
> and SVN checkouts. I had wanted to whip something together (just a
> command line script which compares dates and makes diffs, to view
> and make patches), but did not find the time yet.

I also have something like this on my to-do, but you know… time and
priorities…