[TxMt] Lost Command-S for Saves

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 4 00:58:30 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 7:36 PM, J. De Salvo wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply. Your suspicions were right on. Somehow,
> likely user error, the Command-S had become bound with an 'Untitled'
> command in the XHTML bundle.

Glad to hear that it works fine now

Allan: Slight UI suggestion, since I have been bitten from it many
times, and I am guessing I am not the only one. Imagine the following
situation: I have just created a new command and associated a
shortcut to it. When I do that, the focus correctly moves to the
scope field. Then I decide I did not want a shortcut and press the x
on the key equivalent field to delete the current shortcut. In that
case, the focus remains on the key equivalent field, and any keypress
at this point will create a shortcut, resulting in very funny and
weird phenomena, since people are very likely to use some TextMate
command at this point. You can't even close the bundle editor with
cmd-w at this point. (Once, quite naturally, cmd-backtick got tied
this way, since I tried to change windows after removing the key
equivalent. It took me a while to figure out what was going on :) )

I am guessing the use case you have in mind is that people would
delete the current key equivalent in order to place a new one. But in
fact they can place the new one without deleting the old keyequiv, so
in my opinion it would be more natural to move focus to the next
field when the x is being pressed, which is consistent with the
behavior when a key equivalent is in fact selected.
Just my 5 cents.

Haris