[TxMt] howto disabe automatic file backup

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Mon Apr 3 22:30:40 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> Ah, yes, I've had this problem when using TextMate to edit files
>> mounted remotely on a Linux server. TM leaves tiny binary files
>> scattered all over the place. (They're all prefixed with ":2e_",
>> so they're not hidden, which makes this problem especially annoying.)
>
> That’s strange (the prefix). What type of file system is that?

The remote Linux server is ext3, but I've got it mounted remotely via
the Netatalk implementation of the Apple Filing Protocol. I suspect
that's what's causing periods to be converted to :2e.

> Does TM correctly read the files (i.e. are caret position etc.
> preserved when re-opening the file)?

Yes.

>> Are there any plans to make this metadata storage a project-
>> specific option? I'd like to turn it off when working with my
>> Linux project but leave it on for everything else.
>
> More likely a file system specific setting, as that would make more
> sense.

Hmm, would that actually solve the problem in my case? That is, it
appears to be an issue with the mount protocol, not the actual file
system.

Trevor