[TxMt] Some feature requests

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Sep 27 09:33:11 UTC 2005

On 27/09/2005, at 11.17, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> Actually, even though I'm pretty happy about most (if not all)
> functions in textmate ,I'd like some more togglers and sliders in
> the preferance pane. Rather than go into the different bundles and
> change for example that selected strings get ""'s around them and
> so, it would be nice with some checkbuttons for the less tech-savvy.

I do consider the current scope specific preferences system provisional.

Generally I don't like options, but when they're unavoidable, I
definitely want them exposed through a GUI instead of text -- it's
just that the current system is flexible in that I can change it
easily w/o having to rethink the GUI, and it allows more “free form”
preferences.

If people haven't noticed, evolutionary prototyping is my preferred
development method :)