[TxMt] [rev 469] $PATH from ~/.bash_profile not loaded?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:00:59 UTC 2005

as of rev. 469, the custom $PATH var I export from ~/.bash_profile
does not show up in a command *if* the command has a shebang.  I don't
know if this is intended behavior but I had a snippet with :

#!/bin/sh

at the top and $PATH was not set the same way it is when I leave off
the shebang and let TextMate parse the command through bin/sh.  I only
added the shebang when trying to debug something so obviously the
workaround (for bash anyway) is to leave off the shebang.