[TxMt] theme and syntax highlighting for REXX

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Fri Sep 23 05:34:37 UTC 2005

> 1) If themes are to syntax highlighting (a language) in the way
> that CSS is to HTML, then why is there not a way to specify in the
> language definition a specific theme to use? I want to use my
> Mainframe only when doing REXX stuff (so far), and other themes
> when doing say C for instance.

There's not a way yet, but if you look at the archives there is talk
about making that possible at some point.

> 3) Unlike a language definition which I could cut 'n' paste or even
> cut 'n' email, where do user created themes reside? and how could I
> export/import or cut 'n' paste one?

~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Themes/

If you are using the current beta the file extension will be .plist,
in the next beta the extension can be .tmTheme. You can simply zip up
that file and send it around. With the next beta the user can double-
click it, for now you have to manually install it.