[TxMt] Remote projects

Christopher Petrilli petrilli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:07:32 UTC 2005

On 9/20/05, Ollivier Robert <roberto+textmate at keltia.freenix.fr> wrote:
> According to Robert Deaton:
> > The problem with using Version Control tools is that odds are while
> > debugging, you're writing unnecessary commits all the time. I'd much
>
> And the problem in that is...?  There is no problem.

The problem is that various organizations have actual guidelines about
when things are commited into the repository. For example, at work,
you're never to commit non-working code that doesn't pass unit tests.
Often while doing development, there are incremental changes to test
before you get to a point where everything is "commitable".

Also, some organizations don't use version control, and regardless of
my, or your opinion, that is simply the way of the world. Lecturing
them on how they need it is not the way to make them happy. Instead,
I'd rather have a tool, i.e. Textmate, that bends to my needs, rather
than dictating them.

Chris