[TxMt] Remote projects

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:01:16 UTC 2005

The problem with using Version Control tools is that odds are while
debugging, you're writing unnecessary commits all the time. I'd much
rather check in only when I finish important code than run through
hundreds of commits looking for where the final change to a certain
piece of the project is. But then again, that's just me.

On 9/20/05, Ollivier Robert <roberto+textmate at keltia.freenix.fr> wrote:
> According to Ian White:
> > That just lets me edit files that I open via the transmit window, right?
> > I was hoping for a solution where I treat the remote side like the
> > filesystem, i.e. open tm on a folder.
>
> I'd recommend using a version control tool instead of modifying files on
> the fly.  My personal preference goes to Mercurial[1] but any of the
> available systems would do (heck, even cvs would. Hmmm maybe not :-))
>
> -----
> [1] <http://selenic.com/mercurial/>
> --
> Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
> Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com