[TxMt] Theme Changing Shortcut with Scope

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Sep 17 13:06:29 UTC 2005

On 10/09/2005, at 22.36, thomas Aylott wrote:

>> You want to only be able to switch to certain themes (using keys)
>> in given scopes?
> I'd like to have the option. Just like commands, snippets,
> languages, etc...
>
> Then you can have a single shortcut to activate all themes.
>     Hit it in scope 'text.*' to activate all of them.
>     Hit it in scope 'text.html string source.asp' to activate my
> embedded asp theme.

I like this idea -- though I'm not entirely sure if a scope selector
belongs in key equivalent configuration of themes.

So what I propose is, starting with last revision I now name the
themes .tmTheme (yes, should have done that from the start), and I'll
be adding auto-import of themes (when double clicked) in 1-3
revisions. If the theme is “opened” and already installed, I'll make
it switch to that theme.

This means you can then make regular commands which do:
  open ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Themes/mint.tmTheme

And you'll get the regular scope selector. If it turns out to be a
hit, I'll rethink placing the scope selector in Fonts & Colors
preferences :)