[TxMt] Where does TM store "Treat Files with Extension..."

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Fri Sep 16 08:35:36 UTC 2005

My best guess is the OakProjectTextFiles key in TextMate's
preferences file. And no, I expect it's a simple string match,
meaning no regular expressions.

I'd really like to see TextMate do a check on unknown files to see if
they have any control characters in them (ASCII value < 32 or >=
127). If there are none, it should treat it like a text file, and if
there are any, it should treat it like a binary file. To make it more
efficient it could also only do this check on the first X bytes of
the file (some experimentation probably necessary to determine what's
an appropriate value - the point being so TM doesn't have to check
the entire file if you select a multi-megabyte file).

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org
http://www.tildesoft.com