[TxMt] creating themes

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:02:20 UTC 2005

On Sep 14, 2005, at 3:14 PM, Caio Chassot wrote:

> I was more specifically wondering about each theme author
> methodology and preferences, how  they put the tools available to use.

Thomas Aylott's theme creating process.

0) Define your palette.
Decide what colors you're going to use & never deviate from them
(unless you didn't think it thru throughly  first).

1) Open a big file.
It should contain most of the different elements that you're going to
want to customize. (comments, html, css, js, ruby, erb, etc...)
I usually open up a bunch and switch around between them white
designing the theme.

2) Make a blank theme.

3) Select something in your code that you want to customize & get
it's scope.
I use a custom command "echo $TM_SCOPE" show in new window. So that I
can copy & paste the scope.

4) Make a new entry in the scope editor.

5) Repeat.

BEWARE: The theme is only saved when you close the prefs window. If
you do something crazy that makes it crash

I usually start out with the basic html stuff.