[TxMt] TM creates

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Tue Sep 13 14:13:04 UTC 2005

I uploaded a Perl module yesterday to CPAN and testers report
failures on several platforms when building the module.

The error logs mention unknown files whose name is the same one that
the actual included files, but with "._" prepended. For instance, if
the tarball contains "Makefile.PL" it turns out that it also contains
a mysterious "._Makefile.PL".

Even "ls -a" does not show those "._" files, and opening one of them
in a Windows machine showed something that seemed binary, and with
"www.macromates.com" somewhere with something that looks like
metadata like caret position (I think). That makes me wonder whether
TM could have anything to do with them. I am not familiar enough with
resource forks to be able to guess what's happening on my own.

Does this ring any bell?

-- fxn