[TxMt] Re: [REQ] new-from-template

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Sep 12 16:59:21 UTC 2005

On 12/09/2005, at 18.19, Ruben Debeerst wrote:

> Another question then:
>
> I can create a file from a template, save the file but not save the
> project (thats what I actually want).

Sure you can save the project (File / Save Project). Much of the time
though, you can treat a folder as a project, and just drag that
folder to TM.

> But why do I have to create a new project first, when the templates
> aren't connected to a project?

I've always wanted to merge single document window and the project
stuff, just never got around to doing so, and eventually settled on
making that the core thing for 1.2.

The connection with projects though is, that a template can create
multiple files -- but I've never really been happy with how this
currently works.

> And what about a menu-item for the cmd-shift-n-command?

It's in the project drawer action menu.