[TxMt] POLL: Request a Theme!

Kris Khaira kris at kriskhaira.com
Sun Sep 11 21:00:34 UTC 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 11:57 PM, thomas Aylott wrote:

> Who uses what theme in textMate?

Twilight

> What themes have you used from previous systems or applications?
>         visual studio? dreamweaver? bbedit? foo.app?
>         Do you like them?

Twilight and Pastels on Dark in TextMate are some of the best themes
I've seen in a code editor.

> Do you like black backgrounds? Do you like colored backgrounds?
> Do you hate excessive use of background colors? ...for the page?
> ...for individual elements?

yeah hate it. I prefer the same background colour everywhere.

> Do you like high contrast? Do you prefer lower contrast?

lower contrast. that's why I like twilight - subdued text colour on
dark grey.

> Do you like having a bunch of different colors or would you prefer one
> with shades of only a few colors?
> What colors do you like? Please give examples.

I don't mind different colours.

I've always preferred orange for comments and blue/green for variables.

> What languages do you want to have colored?
> Do you want different languages to have different colors?

Not to the point where it doesn't look like part of the theme.