[TxMt] auto indent/tidy of PHP code

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Tue Sep 6 14:39:38 UTC 2005

On 06/09/2005, at 16.25, William Macdonald wrote:

> In emacs w/ PHP-mode I can tidy a php script very easily by just
> pressing TAB on each of the lines. Even if I am in the middle of a
> word, pressing TAB just positions it correctly in relation to the
> line above. Tab does not break up a word, and pressing tab
> repeatedly does not move it further. Just enough to give nice
> consistent indentation.
> [...]
> Can Textmate do this ?

This is a common emacs feature, that I also liked.. ish.. can be hard
to get used to IMO ;-). TextMate can't do it as such, but it does
have auto-indent of course, trying to indent in a sensible way when
you press return. I suppose one could write a command to do indenting
on pressing TAB, although for large documents I don't know how fast
it would be. TextMate commands can do a lot, though.

-- Sune.