[TxMt] Chunked undo, Language, overall slowness

Graeme Mathieson mathie at woss.name
Mon Sep 5 11:44:54 UTC 2005

On 4 Sep 2005, at 21:22, Steve Weintraub wrote:

> 1) The undo behavior. I read an earlier digest that standard OS
> "chunk" undos were planned, but I don't see this pref anywhere. Is
> there a plist command that will turn on chunk undos, and if not,
> will this feature be coming soon? Having to hit cmnd-z 34 times in
> a row is tiresome...

FWIW, I'd just like to add a 'me too' for some sort of chunked undo
functionality...

> 2) While I can pick the language of a file independent of the
> filename, some command behaviors appears to be tied to the
> filename. For example, I have foo.php which is mostly straight html
> code, but since the filename is .php, unComment give me php
> comments, not html. Shouldn't it be possible to have the commands
> tied to the language choice?

Ah.  That might explain why, when editing Zope Page Templates
(extension .zpt, which I force to being HTML since they mostly are),
trying to comment something out results in it being commented out
with '#' at the start of the line, rather than <!-- ... -->, which it
does correctly when I'm editing a plain HTML (extension .html) file?
Does anybody know of a workaround?
--
Mail: mathie at woss.name | Web: http://woss.name/
AIM:  Math1e           | PGP: 1024D/D72F2737