[TxMt] Keybinding for next file tab (again)...

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Sep 5 07:07:28 UTC 2005

On 05/09/2005, at 3.04, Stuart Hungerford wrote:

> I've been trying to bind a different key to the
> "Next File Tab" command.  As a complete Mac newbie,
> I suspect I'm missing some important principle or
> technique for identifying bindable commands.

As mentioned by David Jack Olrik, you should go to System
Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse and then on the Keyboard Shortcuts page
make an entry for TextMate with menu title Next File Tab.

The distinction might not be easy for non-Cocoa programmers, but
generally menu keys should be bound this way (and not through the key
bindings file).

As an alternative, one can use Menu Master [1] ($10), which makes it
_very_ easy to change menu keys (basically just hover the mouse over
the key equivalent and press the new one.

Kind regards Allan

[1] http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/menumaster