[TxMt] Ruby TextMate Output

Gavin Kistner gavin at refinery.com
Mon Sep 5 00:12:44 UTC 2005

On Sep 3, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Sune Foldager wrote:
> I fixed this quite recently, so you can checkout the latest version
> of that bundle from the repository. Please see the Wiki for
> instructions on how to do this. The latest version escapes
> everything properly and also captures input nicely.

Thanks, that fixed that issue :)

Now, there is one more thing...the output of unit tests is showing up
without line breaks in the HTML window:

require 'test/unit'
class Foo < Test::Unit::TestCase
     def test1; assert_equals( 1, 2 ); end
     def test2; assert_equals( 2, 2 ); end
     def test3; assert_equals( 3, 2 ); end
end

Produces:
Loaded suite /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
Ruby.tmbundle/Support/tmruby Started F.F Finished in 0.016463
seconds. 1) Failure: test1(Foo) [/Users/gkistner/Desktop/tmp.rb:3]:
<1> expected but was <2>. 2) Failure: test3(Foo) [/Users/gkistner/
Desktop/tmp.rb:5]: <3> expected but was <2>. 3 tests, 3 assertions, 2
failures, 0 errors

Instead of:
Loaded suite tmp
Started
F.F
Finished in 0.013374 seconds.

   1) Failure:
test1(Foo) [tmp.rb:3]:
<1> expected but was
<2>.

   2) Failure:
test3(Foo) [tmp.rb:5]:
<3> expected but was
<2>.

Should I simply not be using the HTML window, and using the 'normal'
output window instead?