[TxMt] Kernel panic with 1.1b17

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Sep 3 10:33:26 UTC 2005

On 03/09/2005, at 1.07, Gerd Knops wrote:

> Just had a nice juicy kernel panic while editing with TextMate.
> Haven't seen one of these in years!

Was that while saving a file over a network mounted drive?

When I started to use setxattr() for metadata I got a lot of reports
of kernel panics when saving to AFP mnted volumes -- turns out the fs
driver is buggy. I introduced a workaround for that, but since then
I've had two reports of kernel panics from setxattr(), so it seems my
workaround wasn't a complete fix.

To disable the use of setxattr() execute (while TM is not running):

    defaults write com.macromates.textmate
OakDocumentDisableFSMetaData -bool true

I'll look into having TM disable metadata automatically only for
drives that look like network mounts.