[TxMt] Making TextMate the default text editor

Andrew Witte ajwitte at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:29:53 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have both TextMate and SubEthaEdit on my system (since TextMate
doesn't do network editing). Since installing SEE, it's now the
default application to open all of my plain text files, scripts,
source code, etc. I want to change the system filetype bindings back
so TextMate is the default. I know I can use the "Apply to all"
button next to the "Open With" selector in the Finder's info pane,
but that applies the setting based on extension, not based on file
type codes (or however the system determines plain-text-ness).
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Witte