[TxMt] TmCodeBrowser2 plugin!

Gerd Knops gerti at bitart.com
Thu Oct 27 17:32:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, at 10:02 AM, Lukas Pitschl wrote:

> what languages are currently supported by the tmcodebrowser? so far
> only php worked for me, but that's awsome.

TmCodeBrowser uses the Exubernat Ctags [1] to do the heavy lifting,
so anything they support should work:

     Assembler
     ASP
     Awk
     BETA
     C++
     C#
     COBOL
     Eiffel
     Erlang
     Fortran
     HTML
     Java
     JavaScript
     Lisp
     Lua
     Make
     Pascal
     Perl
     PHP
     PL/SQL
     Python
     REXX
     Ruby
     Scheme
     Shell scripts (Bourne/Korn/Z)
     S-Lang
     SML (Standard ML)
     Tcl
     Vera
     Verilog
     Vim
     YACC

> is there python support, as that would make my life and hopefully
> the life of other programers as well much easier.

Python should work out of the box. To be recognized as python the
extension must be either *.py or *.python, or the file must be
executable and have '#!/some/path/python' on the first line. It is
possible to map other extensions to a language by adding a '--
langmap' to the ~/.zshrc file, please check the Exuberant Ctags
manual [2] for details.

Gerd

[1] http://ctags.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://ctags.sourceforge.net/ctags.html