[TxMt] TmCodeBrowser2 plugin!

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 26 22:47:51 UTC 2005

On 26/10/2005, at 6.19, Gerd Knops wrote:

>> I can easily add (i.e. next build) that TM e.g. loads extensions
>> from AppSupport/TextMate/Plugins — it seems for your “plugin” it
>> wouldn't need to expose any API, thus it's a safe way to slowly
>> extend TM to support plugins
> That'd be great, that would at least avoid the InputManagers hack.

And “double click to install”, which seems could have benefited a few
users :)

> [...] I am really itching to change a few small details of the
> internal workings of TM (word characters on a per language base,
> handling of double-click extend), but the code in question seems to
> be mostly C++ which is a lot less hackable than ObjC...

Yes, the model is mainly C++, and your requests are on the to-do, but
at least the word characters is not a minor detail, since word
characters are implemented through character traits, so the traits
are static member functions which have no context what-so-ever (and
the traits are used a lot of places).