[TxMt] Tabulation of end tags

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Oct 26 21:42:21 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> Sort of — there's a decreaseIndentPattern which is currently unset for
> HTML. If it was set to a close tag, at least TM would know that it
> should be decreased — currently though, I don't think the tab smart
> indent uses the decreaseIndentPattern (but it should).

I ended up defining a snippet that creates the tag on two lines, with
proper indentation and then just worked with that.

I've seen the effect of the decreaseIndentPattern in the XML bundle and
I don't really like it. Most of the time when I insert something that
triggers the decreaseIndent I'm already at the right indent level.
Might be because I'm too tidy of a typer and get to the right indent
*before* I start typing, instead of letting the editor fix it, but I
just couldn't get that behaviour out of my hands and I ended up manually
reindenting everytime.

I don't know what others think about this feature, but perhaps some
rethinking about this is in order..

Jeroen.