[TxMt] end of line

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 26 18:16:51 UTC 2005

On 26/10/2005, at 19.53, Max wrote:

>> Cmd-return does EOL + LF. [...]
> Yes I know...
> in case I'd write something like
>
> if (($_REQUEST["foo"]) and ($_REQUEST["bar"])) {
>
> I think that it could be interesting to enable the 'tab' key
> putting the cursor at the end of line, if no $0, $1 in the snippet
> is specified. What do you think?

I have no idea what this is about. Is this a specific PHP snippet?
What is the typing pattern of the above?

> Oh yeah, maybe I should stop doing gibberish and learn snippets. ;)

Yes, that is sort of the point with snippets: users write what they
need :) I can't recall if I mentioned it, but initially I actually
did not plan to ship TextMate with any snippets, thinking that users
are anyway to different to share the same set of snippets, which is
evident e.g. in the mixed obj-c snippets from Chris and me, who use
different spacing and *-binding conventions…