[TxMt] commands return code?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 26 01:13:19 UTC 2005

On 25/10/2005, at 19.12, Gerd Knops wrote:

> "A commands return code can be used to momentarily change the
> output option set for that command"
>
> This doesn't seem to work as advertised.

I should probably have made it explicit, but since the HTML output
opens its window before the command exits, there's no way to abort
that via the return code. You can close the window using JavaScript,
but of course then you'll see a flash, as it quickly opens and closes.

There's a closeWindow bash function in TM_SUPPORT_PATH/lib/html.sh
which can be used.

> [...] When I set the 'Output' option to 'Discard', the exit code
> does seem to be honored, but there is no exit code that for 'Show
> as HTML'!

That's only because it hasn't been added yet — HTML output is
different, because of the interplay with the WebKit (for incremental
rendering), and thus, a tad more complicated to just switch to.