[TxMt] Output in new window?

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Sun Oct 23 02:23:15 UTC 2005

On 22/10/2005, at 16.09, Robert wrote:

> On 10/20/05, Sune Foldager <cryo at cyanite.org> wrote:
> Yes it does, in HTML whitespace is collapsed, which is how it's
> supposed to work. Use a <pre> block for pre-formated text like yours.
>
> Yes "I" know that. But why would I want to add the time to wrap it
> in a <pre> block when none of the other editors I have ever used
> has made me do that.

Of course the TM world isn't all about what individuals are used to
from their old editors :-p.

> Sure that works but I see it as a very unnecessary step. If it is
> going to replace the current way (now deprecated) which works the
> way you would expect it, then it should out just the way you expect
> it as well.

Well.... at least HTML output should surely work as now, or it would
be a very misleading name :-). Also, making HTML display preformatted
text is easy, given the function Allan added to the init file.

-- Sune.