[TxMt] Output in new window?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Oct 21 03:18:11 UTC 2005

On 21/10/2005, at 2.37, Sune Foldager wrote:

>> I was wondering this as well...as currently the  HTML option
>> doesn't output things correctly.
> Yes it does, in HTML whitespace is collapsed, which is how it's
> supposed to work. Use a <pre> block for pre-formated text like yours.

Starting with next build (which is not 576, which I just did) I've
added this function to bash_init.sh:

     pre () {
         echo -n '<pre>'
         perl -pe 's/&/&/g; s/</</g; s/>/>/g'
         echo '</pre>'
     }

Then it's simply a matter of writing:

     «command»|pre

And the output from «command» will be shown w/o whitespace collapsing
nor wrapping, and with HTML characters escaped.