[TxMt] UI consistency nagging

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Oct 20 13:27:39 UTC 2005

On 19/10/2005, at 18.18, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> I think command+option+w should be close all (windows in a project)
> rather than soft wrap. All other applictions (and by that I mean at
> least the finder and pages) close all windows on command+option+w.

But then, maybe it should be _windows_ and not tabs?

However, in TextMate I've tried to use option-cmd to toggle (an option):

   Foldings at level -> 0-9
   Freehanded Edit   -> E
   Line numbers      -> L
   Overwrite mode    -> O
   Show Bookmarks    -> B
   Show Invisible    -> I
   Soft Wrap         -> W

I may have left out some, but all these toggle, and they use option-
cmd as modifier. So granted the argument for putting Close All Tabs
on option (also since alternate menu items generally prefer the
option modifier), changing just soft wrap to e.g. ctrl-cmd would IMHO
give more inconsistency.

The Close All Tabs is slightly consistent since New Project, Save
Project and Save Project As… use ctrl-cmd (adding shift for the
latter) as modifier keys.