[TxMt] Remote editing via ssh peer review.

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Oct 10 16:15:12 UTC 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 11:42 AM, David Jack Olrik wrote:

> On 10/10/2005, at 10.27, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone know of a nice way of using a dialog to get the
>> password and feed it to the command when needed ?
>
> This might do the trick for you : http://www.sshkeychain.org/

I've been using SSHKeychain for a long while now, and while it does
prompt for key passphrases, it does not prompt for ssh passwords (for
servers with which you do not have a key pair set up). I thought it
might, but I tested and it doesn't. And when I think about it, it
makes sense - SSHKeychain is managing an ssh-agent process, but if
ssh-agent only provides keys, it doesn't provide passwords, so if the
keys fail then SSHKeychain isn't asked for the password.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org
http://www.tildesoft.com