[TxMt] Remote editing via ssh peer review.

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:14:35 UTC 2005

On 10/10/05, Graeme Mathieson <mathie at woss.name> wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2005, at 15:27, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> >
> > You had me all excited for a while there but your solution will only
> > work if you only ever edit your remote files from a single Mac
> > otherwise you are going to end up with things out of synch and getting
> > a new tar ball everytime you want to work locally would really take
> > away from the conveience factor.
>
> Umm, it really sounds like the solution you're looking for is some
> kind of revision control system (subversion, cvs)?  Maybe along with
> a trigger on commit to update the remote files?  In which case,
> TextMate already supports svn out the box...

Not really, that works for some situations but I don't really want to
put every remote site I work on in a SVN repository, especially when
the sites themselves can consist of multiple SVN checkouts (yes I know
you can work around that but just to enable remote editing it is a bit
of a pain). Plus you would still need to do a svn co before every
editing session, not a big deal but still reduces the convenience
factor.

I'm just spoiled with KDE's kioslaves and when I get around to setting
it up that new SSH file system on Linux.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster at kde.org