[TxMt] Moving opened files and re-saving

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Sun Oct 9 13:51:32 UTC 2005

> I'm likely to make (some) use of Apple's file alises in 1.2, which
> are an opaque way of handling files, and which are (currently,
> AFAIK) implemented by first checking the path, and if the file no
> longer exists at that path, use the inode (there are more
> cumbersome strategies for files on network mounted volumes).

That's one of the biggest things I like with OS X vs Windows; the
ability to move and throw away stuff I'm currently using. For
example, trashing an mp3 I know i'll never listen to again but at
least keep it running one time, or open a movie and then immediately
throw it in the trash so I don't forget later on.

Andreas