[TxMt] small bundle question, was: problem: php syntax bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 9 13:18:19 UTC 2005

On 09/10/2005, at 14.58, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> Ah, that's pretty smart. This does only apply to language though
> right? Macros, snippets etc are each "unique", so adding my own
> snippets will still allow me to catch up on official ones ... as
> long as I don't change the official ones of course ..

Yes

> It's not entirely ideal though to have to go through the process
> above, on the other hand, if one edits the language, one knows what
> one does.

Yes -- though if you want the ability to diff and merge, you could do
a svn co of the grammar you want to edit, and then use the
capabilities of svn to merge, diff, a.s.o. in the future -- but Gerds
suggestion is much better, since that's a one-time fix, where with
diff and merging, you would potentially have to handle merge
conflicts each time the official grammar gets changed.

All that said, it's clear that the bundle editor needs to indicate,
when the user is running with a non-default bundle item, _and_ the
item has been updated _after_ the user did his “fork”, that there is
an updated default value.