[TxMt] Moving opened files and re-saving

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 9 13:08:59 UTC 2005

On 09/10/2005, at 15.01, Daniel Vollmer wrote:

> I thought TM checked the status of open files, or does that only
> apply for projects?

Neither -- TextMate makes exclusive use of “POSIX” paths. That is, a
file is identified by /path/to/file.

I'm likely to make (some) use of Apple's file alises in 1.2, which
are an opaque way of handling files, and which are (currently, AFAIK)
implemented by first checking the path, and if the file no longer
exists at that path, use the inode (there are more cumbersome
strategies for files on network mounted volumes).