[TxMt] HTML vs XHTML (was: start/endtag from previous word macro)

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 8 21:22:33 UTC 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 3:31 PM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> I must confess I don't really know either way, but he makes a good
> argument :) So if you have any further points I'd like to hear
> about them, although it might blote the list a bit.

Well, I would say the main argument, from my point of view, is that
you get the power of xml. For instance, you can use MathML (http://
www.w3.org/Math/) to enter mathematics in a pretty good way. Check
out for instance the examples at http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/,
with a good browser, e.g. Firefox. Being a mathematician, that's one
thing for me in favor of XHTML. I'm sure other people can list other
uses of XML.
I have not messed around with Javascript, so I can't comment on that.

> Andreas

Haris