[TxMt] folding comment blocks

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 5 14:18:08 UTC 2005

On 05/10/2005, at 3.09, Caio Chassot wrote:

> That's ok for code that I write, but I need it most when reading
> heavily documented code like, say, active_record. Can anything be
> done to fold standard ruby comments automatically?
>
> If not, given that this comment style is common to so many
> languages, would you consider implementing a solution that makes it
> possible?

Foldings will be revisited in 1.3, I'm still not entirely decided on
how it should be handled, but definitely something involving scopes.

And if there's nothing unique to the first and last line in the block
you want to fold, you'll have to select and fold it manually.

You can find the command block by regexp searching for: (^[[^\n]&&\s]
*#.*$\n)+ -- currently though, “fold selection” is not a recordable
action (for a macro), but I can add it to the list for next build.