[TxMt] Converting a single-line block into a multi-line block

Matt Mower matt.mower at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:08:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was looking earlier on at a video some guy did of a VIM macro he'd
written that could turn:

  object.method { |x| op( x ) }

into

  object.method do |x|
    op( x )
  end

and back again.  At the time I didn't think much of it and now of
course I find myself wanting to do it.

I thought for a few minutes about how you might achieve this in TxMt
and then realised I didn't have the first clue.  I tried recording a
macro but of course it would only work for the simple case, as soon as
I did:

  object.meth2 { |x,y| op(x,y) }

it broke.

Can this (and/or the inverse) be done with a simple recordable macro?

Regards,

Matt
--
Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/