[TxMt] clipboard manager alternative

Nate Beaty natebeaty at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 04:18:24 UTC 2005

> Heh, I suppose I'm somewhat demanding then, even coming close to
> the mouse would be a showstopper for me.
> I used triggers though and got it all working nicely with that,
> however, it does not paste after being selected. Not even if I
> double-click the mouse. What happens is that the item gets pushed
> up to first place in the clipboard, you then manually have to paste
> it in.
> And now I have probably spent more time talking about this than
> I'll ever gain even by having the behaviour I want :)
>
> anyways, despite it's "shortcomings", this is the best clipboard
> manager I've seen (or rather, best to my tastes)
>
> Andreas

Butler <http://www.petermaurer.de/butler/> is an excellent launcher
similar to Quicksilver, and has a clipboard manager mapped to ctrl-
alt-v which shows the last 7 clipboard entries, any of which can be
pasted by pressing the corresponding number. This seems to be more
kind to the keyboard-fanatical.

(& I highly recommend Butler overall: extremely customizable, fast
and unobtrusive. Beats the hell out of using Spotlight for opening
apps, preferences, a terminal window, etc.)

Nate.