[TxMt] Auto-saving remote files

Matt Mower matt.mower at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:00:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure there's anything to be done about this but I figured I
would ask anyway.

I'm using Fugu to manage a remote site via SFTP and have configured it
to invoke TextMate as my editor.  This makes it quite easy to edit
files on the remote site.

However the unintended consequence is that, every time I switch away
from TxMt, it saves the remote file which is, quite often, a work in
progress.

I'm not sure there is any sense in which TxMt is aware that it is
editing a file that is being edited from a remote site but, in case
there is, would it be possible to control whether auto-save is
activated for such files?

Regards,

Matt

--