[TxMt] TextMate screencasts - keyboard overlay?

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:31:51 UTC 2005

Like most on this list, I love TextMate.

There are tons of useful features in it, and I keep finding new ones every date.

I just stumbled on the Cmd-T file-find the other day, in fact.  I just
learned that my peeve about columnar selection was based on my
ignorance of the fact that you can toggle to columnar by hitting
Option after starting the selection.  Every day, I'm pleasantly
surprised by a new feature.

However (and you knew that was coming...), the help files are a bit
sparse, and the discoverability of some features is pretty bad.

(By the way, the documentation wiki[1] seems to be down right now.)

Screencasts are all the rage now, and I was thinking of making little
30 second - 1 minute demo vids of some useful but hidden TextMate
features.

The problem with that idea is that it's not just the screen people
will be interested in, but the keyboard interaction.

I'd like to provide a keyboard overlay on the demo vids, which would
show which keys are being depressed to get the specific features to
activate.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm familiar with vnc2swf and wink.  I'm also considering buying
Camtasia and/or Snapz Pro.

I guess a "stay-on-top" utility could be used and just be captured
along with the subject app usage.

Any pointers appreciated...

[1]
http://macromates.com:3000/read/book/1